Tuesday 20 November 2012

A Second Silly Salad?

I didn't really want to call this salad silly, it was SO good. It was an Indian-Style Rice Salad, from one of my student cookbooks. To start with, it had raisins in it. I am a sucker for raisins. Absolutely love them. And it also had coconut, another favourite ingredient. Slightly stranger was banana, but it did work! Also in the mix were rice (obviously!), sweetcorn and cucumber. The dressing was just curry powder and mayonnaise, which made the coconut stick nicely to the rice. It had just the right amount of sweetness- it even stopped me craving an after dinner biscuit! There was lot of different textures, which made it even more interesting. I'm so glad I have another portion for tomorrow's tea, although I don't know if it will last until then...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!